Apr 15, 2010

I got the job!!!

Last week I went for an interview as an accounts clerk in Labuan International School's admin department. I hate accounts, and flunked it since I first learn about it, right until my last semester in Uni. So imagine the irony, when I found out I was about to go for the interview for the position. I thought, what the heck, just give it a try. The worse that could happen was I didn't get the job, but at least I get the experience of going to interviews (the first interview I went, I was so timid and nervous). So then, they asked me bunch of questions that I couldn't answer. Not only that, I have no basic in accounts (but I wasn't about to tell them that). So after the session, I really thought that I wouldn't get it, and this is not the time that I thought I wouldn't get it but I would, I mean, I really, really thought I wouldn't get the job. They even told me they'll have to discuss and I will get a callback within a month's time, and if I don't, that means I don't get it. So imagine my surprise just now when I got the call. Like, so soon? Wow. And it pays good too. I mean, good enough for me. I was so happy after I got the call and found out about the salary that I literally jumped up and down after I hung up. Can't wait to start work on Monday. The down side was, office hours is 7.30am to 4.30pm. Omg, I couldn't even wake up when I had to go work at 8am last time. Thank God the office is just a mere 5 minutes away from my house. So, bye bye to sleeping late, bye bye to waking up late, bye bye to watching tv until I get bored, bye bye Facebook games (I'm sure everyone will probably overtake my level now). Hello to early morning, early nights. Hello to ass-kissing the bosses. Hello to work-related dramas. Hello to my new job and my own desk. Hello to my new income, which means Hello to the shopping mall and Hello to my new clothes and accessories and stuffs that I get to buy. Yayyyy! LIS, here I come!

0 comments:

Post a Comment